Levitra is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Levitra is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor that works by helping the blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection.
Use Levitra as directed by your doctor.
- Take Levitra by mouth with or without food.
- Take Levitra about 1 hour before sexual activity.
- Do not take Levitra more often than once daily, or as directed by your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Levitra.
- If you miss a dose of Levitra and you still intend to engage in sexual activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor.
For most patients, the recommended starting dose of Levitra is 10 mg, taken orally approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity. The dose may be increased to a maximum recommended dose of 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg based on efficacy and side effects. The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day.
Some men can only take a low dose of Levitra because of medical conditions or medicines they take. Your doctor will prescribe the dose that is right for you.
- If you are older than 65 or have liver problems, your doctor may start you on a lower dose of Levitra.
- If you have prostate problems or high blood pressure, for which you take medicines called alpha-blockers, your doctor may start you on a lower dose of Levitra.
- If you are taking certain other medicines your doctor may prescribe a lower starting dose and limit you to one dose of Levitra in a 72-hour (3 days) period.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Levitra.
Store Levitra at 25 degrees C (77 degrees F); excursions permitted to 15-30 degrees C (59-86 degrees F). Keep Levitra out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredient: Vardenafil.
Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, yellow ferric oxide, and red ferric oxide.
According to BAYER Brand Levitra has following benefits:
- Brand Levitra can act in 16 minutes compared with 30 to 60 minutes for Viagra;
- Brand Levitra can be taken with food, while Viagra should be taken on an empty stomach;
- Brand Levitra has no adverse side effects on the heart or vision. Viagra is known to require more monitoring for these side effects;
- Brand Levitra lasted longer in clinical trials compared to Viagra;
- Works for up to 6 hours;
- Recommended time to take before sex is 25 to 45 minutes;
- With Brand Levitra, there are no food or alcohol restrictions. Romantic dinners are no longer out of the question;
- Brand Levitra has less side effects compared to Viagra and lasts about the same time as Viagra in the body.